Sunday, October 6, 2013

Making Progress

Last week the drywall was finished on Tuesday, October 1. My builder Nam and his crew started cutting baseboard, crown molding and plywood for cabinets and bookshelves. Wednesday after work I met with Nam and we walked through the house and discussed all the cabinets, vanities, bookshelves, etc... in the whole house. It took 2 hours. I'm very happy with the kitchen. I was able to put in all the bells and whistles that were on my wish list.

Besides the kitchen, bathrooms and closets, he's also adding shelving to the laundry room a nook at the top of the stairs and the wall with the window in the craft room-it will have built-ins with a window seat. He is hoping to have the cabinets completed this week and then he will order the doors. It takes about 2 weeks to get the doors.

They started installing the frames around the windows, baseboard and crown molding. I'm including some pictures. Also, I painted the wall in the craft room with the window that will be behind the built-in shelving so it would be painted when he put in the shelves. The color is Valspar Brushed Lavender. It's kind of hard to see the color in the photo because there wasn't much light in there when I was trying get the photo.

The final picture is of my missing window for the toilet room in the master bath. The windows were all installed at the end of August, but this one didn't make it. It's been "lost" at the supplier. They ordered a new one and it's also "lost." So, another one was ordered Tuesday, October 1. It may take 2 weeks to get here. The problem is, we can't pass the next inspection without the window being installed and that means we can't start the brick. So when the window comes in, the brick can finally go on. I guess it's always something.

Box ceiling in the Living Room got some crown molding
Back Bedroom Trim
Front Bedroom Trim
Back Door Trim
Laundry Room Trim 
Master Bedroom Trim
Craft Room Accent Wall

Missing Glass Block Window




3 comments:

  1. oh my word how awesome.. I am SO EXCITED for you and your family.. it is looking fabulous...thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. they install the trim before they even prime the drywall? I've always seen the trim go in last.

    Looks FABBY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful progress, Donna! The space is looking awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.