Monday, September 2, 2013

Finally Windows

Progress is very slow. There are major issues with framers who won't show to finish up their work. Insulation and drywall cannot happen until the framers complete everything. My builder has got to work this out. I'm not very happy right now.

But, at long last, after many cancelled deadlines, the windows were finally installed. The front windows went in Wednesday, August 28 and the back windows and exterior doors were installed on Saturday, August 31. Some plumbing items have started showing up and the exterior has been reinforced so I'm hopeful brick might go on soon - since it is not dependent on the framers. I hope to see progress this week - I'll post when something happens.

In the mean time, I've been studying full home audio systems and I've decided to add speakers to every room and a mid-level audio system. If we don't get drywall soon, there's no telling what else I might find to put behind my walls!

Here are some pictures from this week.

First look at windows

Another view with windows

My bedroom

Dining room -  sliding glass doors on right have blinds in the glass

Dining room on left, living room on right

Back guest bedroom

Framed out bathroom in Craft Room - it has a cute corner shower

A bathtub showed up in the guest bathroom

8 comments:

  1. so fun... i love all these photos.. it is coming together and I know you are so excited.. thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slowly but surely the more fun things are happening. Can't wait for drywall!!

      Delete
  2. HOW FUN! I love all the windows and light!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie! That was one my favorite things about these homes. They're filled with big windows!

      Delete
  3. I love all the windows too! The round ones are so fun. Looks like it will be a beautiful house.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.